Facebook Page Celebration

Hey all.  I just recently started a Facebook page for Camping Out In Second, and I want to celebrate! The best way I can think to celebrate is with a huge FREEBIE.

At the end of the school year in May, one of my goals for the next year was to prepare more reading fluency activities.  I wanted them to be easy and ready to go for RTI and reading groups.  So I present to you . . . my Reading Fluency Packet!


I created this packet with the 1,000 Fry words.  Some of the activities take some prep time, but once you spend the time making them it will be so worth it and time saving! Here are some of the activities included: 

Some people like to call these "tree drills" or "stair sentences."  I split the sentences into Fry word lists to help with differentiation.  These are great because they can be used one-on-one with students or the kiddos can practice them on their own! 


Next up: Punctuation Fluency Strips.  These are also split into the different Fry lists for different levels.  My kiddos LOVED these last year and had fun reading with the different inflections.  



When practice reading fluency, we often use different voices when reading to keep it fun.  These wheels have the names of different characters/people.  Just spin the wheel, draw a quote card, and read the quote in the voice you landed on! These quotes were also created using the Fry words.  


These are almost my favorite because the little forest animals are just so darn cute! I bought the clipart from the amazing Whimsy Clips.  Check it out here! 
Included are 12 poems about different animals, along with a poem response sheet.  Here are a couple examples of the poems: 



SO! I will be choosing one lucky teacher to get this packet (which is originally $12) for FREE.  To enter, you must: 



a Rafflecopter giveaway Good luck and feel free to share with friends! :) 

5 comments:

  1. These look like great resources! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camping Out In SecondJuly 19, 2016 at 8:01 PM

      Thank you for checking out the blog, Laura!! I appreciate your sweet comment :)

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! What a great resource to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camping Out In SecondJuly 20, 2016 at 9:06 AM

      Thanks so much for checking out the giveaway!! I've decided that the winner will also get to choose another freebie from my TPT store, so feel free to check it out :)

      Delete