Same Theme, New Year, New Bulletin Boards!

Well y'all, my kiddos and I have survived week number one of the 2014-2015 school year.  Ms. Winter's Campground is in full swing, so I thought I would share some photos of my new classroom additions! 

 Here is my hallway display. I made super easy tents out of blue construction paper (cut out triangles, cut a slit in the middle, and fold down the sides). I glued them to clothespins for easy student work hanging.  I am also adding their pictures inside the tents :) 

 Common Core is all about that accountable talk! I introduce a new marshmallow (accountable talk phrase) each week.  The students earn a campground coin when they use the phrase correctly.  

 Critter Centers! I am trying a new centers reading rotation this year with a wheel (pictured below).  Here is where my students retrieve their centers work each day. 

 I created this wheel so my students know right where they are supposed to be for the day.  They only visit two stations each day, but then choose a "Furry Finisher" activity.  I took the Daily 5 idea and tweeked it a bit to jive with Ms. Winter's Campground.  I will make a separate post explaining my centers in more detail!

 Campground Rules based on Whole-Brain Teaching. The banner is available in my Beginning of the Year Camping Packet. 

Instead of a boring ole word wall this year, I created a PHONICS WORD WALL! I can't wait to start filling it with Woodsy Words with my kiddos ;) Get the labels for the word wall here.

Thanks for stopping by to check out the camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment